There is something magical about Valentine’s season whether you are in a relationship or you are single and proud. Red seems brighter, roses smell even better and your feelings for your loved ones are inexplicably amplified. Whether you are a sucker for the holiday or you think it is a capitalistic trap, you cannot deny that love truly is in the air all February long.
Let’s take a minute, push aside the chocolate, the flowers, and relationship status, and let’s focus on the person who deserves the most love from you this year: You! You’re always on the go, chasing that next goal and caring for loved ones. Stop and take a second to connect with what is at the center of all that, a healthy body and heart.
Here are a few self-care tips to get you started.
- Gift Yourself a Staycay Spa Day. Ok, it doesn’t have to be a spa day, but give yourself permission to relax and if you’re up for it go ahead and pamper yourself. Carve out time every couple of weeks to slow down, take an Epsom salt bath, relax with a book, whatever you prefer. And, if you’re up for treating yourself to a stay-cay spa day this Valentine’s season, we have some ideas for you. This downtime will help you maintain mental and emotional clarity and wellness.
- Love Yourself. Treat yourself like any other person you love. When you look in the mirror, compliment yourself. When you are working to overcome a hurdle, encourage yourself. When you achieve a goal (no matter how big or small it is) celebrate yourself. Above all, always remember that you matter and you are worth it.
When you love yourself first you become a better mother, father, sister, brother, and friend.
- Fill Your Heart. What brings you the most joy? What do you love doing? Who do you love spending time with? Who do you enjoy seeing happy?
Fill your heart by spending time with those you love most (even if it’s virtual) and doing the activities you enjoy most. Better yet, fill your heart by bringing a loved one joy. This could come in the form of a random gift (doesn’t have to be big), doing something nice for that person, or participating in an activity you both enjoy. The options are endless.
Whatever you choose, be present and allow your heart to fill with joy and share happiness.
- Nourish Your Heart. Just like the rest of your body, your heart requires the right nourishment and nutrients to function at its best. Of course, this starts with the foods you consume. We know that there are both heart-healthy and heart-harmful foods. It’s up to each and every one of us to choose wisely. And, the best part? It doesn’t have to be hard. A diet composed of whole foods is a great place to start.
But, there’s another, more specific way to nourish your body and heart and that’s with whole food supplements.
When it comes to nourishing your heart, CoQ10 is a great place to turn. More specifically, Ubiquinol, the bioactive form of CoQ10. Ubiquinol is a naturally occurring fat-soluble substance that resembles a vitamin. It is found in tissues that require the most energy such as the heart, liver, and kidney. Unfortunately, the natural production of this important antioxidant slowly declines around the age of 30, meaning it becomes important to supplement it.
This powerful antioxidant promotes a healthy heart and a strong cardiovascular system and can be found in New Earth’s Energize.
- Share Your Heart. Winston Churchill said it best, “We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.” The truth is those who give might just get more out of that single act than those on the receiving end. The best part? We all have unique gifts to share. Some of us have extra funds, some have time to donate, while others have the ability to make someone laugh, and the list goes on.
So go ahead, share your heart by giving in whatever way you are able to.
Live a Heart-Forward #NewEarthLife
Living the #NewEarthLife means that you go above and beyond for your overall wellness. When it comes to heart health, that doesn’t change. It’s never too late in the year to begin living for and loving yourself! Adding good practices and habits to your everyday life is the perfect Valentine’s gift to yourself. Giving yourself the gift of health is the gift that keeps giving, year after year. Share the love by challenging your loved ones to join you on the journey for wellness, and make sure your heart is in it. February is not the only time your heart matters, but it is a great reminder to keep pushing yourself to do all you can for a healthy heart.
At New Earth we are on a mission to positively impact the health of every body and soul we come in contact with. We specialize in producing third-party certified, organic whole food supplements including a variety of probiotics, and digestive support. Our supplements feature a rare, yet highly, nutritious superfood, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA). Also known as organic Wild Microalgae®, AFA is a unique type of blue-green algae that is available in many forms including algae tablets, algae pills, and algae powders all designed to help you on your journey to holistic wellness. The best part? We offer a 90-day money-back risk-free guarantee on all of our products. Visit our website to learn more.