Now that the New Year is here, many of us have set new goals we hope to accomplish in the coming months. Maybe you want to commit to living a healthier lifestyle by switching to a more well-balanced diet. Or maybe you want to achieve a new milestone in your career. Whatever your aspirations are, there is no denying that the New Year is the perfect time to set resolutions and start taking those steps toward self-improvement.
If you haven’t finished setting your New Year’s resolutions yet, here are a few ideas to give you some inspiration.
- Financial well-being. No matter what the last year looked like for you financially, financial stability is often a goal that makes it on many of our lists. Consider working on personal goals that will give you a bit more freedom and flexibility in the coming year. This could mean stepping outside your comfort zone and considering less traditional avenues to generate extra funds, creating your own business, or stepping into the thriving gig economy.
- Health. This is a resolution category that often makes it onto the list for many of us, especially if we feel like we hadn’t quite been on the right path recently. Health-related resolutions may focus on developing or maintaining a well-balanced diet or setting aside time for exercise each day.
- Social life. All work and no play is no way to go through another year of your life. As you plan your resolutions, factor in time and goals that will help you make more friends or strengthen the relationships you already have. Life is too short to focus on nothing but self-improvement.
Helpful Tips for Keeping Your Resolutions This Year
While planning your New Years’ resolutions can be a lot of fun, the execution is not always as easy or exciting. More often than not, the resolutions we set require more effort or sacrifice than we originally thought. For this reason, it isn’t uncommon for many of us to fall off the wagon by February.
This inconsistency may have been the trend for the past few years, but this year you can change things. Here are a few tips on how to set and follow-through on your New Year’s resolutions.
- Be Realistic. We’ve all heard the saying “go big or go home.” While it’s fun to dream big it’s not always the best approach when it comes to resolutions. In fact, it happens to be the biggest pitfall when it comes to sticking to New Year’s resolutions. Avoid biting off more than you can chew by setting goals that are reasonable and achievable.
If you really want to challenge yourself, just set smaller and more achievable goals that you can revise and improve throughout the year. That way, you continuously have something to work toward and won’t feel that you have plateaued.
- Avoid Trending Goals. There is nothing worse when it comes to setting New Years’ resolutions than following the crowd. Just because everyone is going vegan doesn’t necessarily mean that you should too. And you don’t need to automatically add investing in cryptocurrency to your list just because everyone else is.
It is, of course, important to be cognizant of your environment and trends to make sure you are changing with the times. However, it is often very difficult to follow through on dreams and goals that are not your own. So do some self-reflecting and research to figure out exactly what will work for you based on the options available. That way, you will be more invested both mentally and emotionally, making it more likely that you will follow through on all the goals you have set.
- Consider the Pros and Cons. Before you fully commit to a new resolution, take some time to consider the pros and cons. This is important as it allows you to look at your new goals subjectively, allowing you to mentally prepare for what it will take to achieve each goal. Failure to do this may leave you with unrealistic expectations or a lack of awareness of the challenges you may face.
- Create Detailed Execution Plans. It is not enough to just write down a list of resolutions. You need to lay down actionable plans that will help you achieve your goals. This is particularly important when working on business-related and health-related resolutions. That way, when the New Year actually starts you know exactly what paths to take to achieve your intended goals.
- Give Yourself Grace. Just because you missed going to the gym for a week or your business idea did not take off immediately does not mean it’s time to completely let go of your resolutions. Give yourself the grace to slip up and learn from your mistakes. Then take those lessons and apply them as you set out toward that goal again. Remember, it is not about doing everything perfectly but giving your best, most consistent efforts.
- Find Accountability Partners. Studies have shown that surrounding yourself with people on the same journey makes it easier to follow through on your New Year’s resolutions. Try getting your family or partners in on your new eating habits to avoid temptations at home. Or find a business partner or support group that will help guide and motivate you. This accountability makes all the difference when it comes to keeping yourself on track.
Join the New Earth Community
Health and wealth are by far the most popular and rewarding resolutions we can make. New Earth allows you to combine these two by becoming a Wellness Entrepreneur. This combination will make for a year full of fulfillment, growth, and progress.*
The best part is that you get to be a part of a wholesome community with similar goals to help keep you motivated and accountable. So join the movement today and get your New Year started off on the right foot. This might just be the breakthrough you have needed to help you finally stay true to the goals you set for yourself.
At New Earth we are on a mission to positively impact the health of every body and soul we come in contact with. We specialize in producing third-party certified, organic whole food supplements including a variety of probiotics, and digestive support. Our supplements feature a rare, yet highly, nutritious superfood, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA). Also known as organic Wild Microalgae®, AFA is a unique type of blue-green algae that is available in many forms including algae tablets, algae pills, and algae powders all designed to help you on your journey to holistic wellness. The best part? We offer a 90-day money-back risk-free guarantee on all of our products. Visit our website to learn more.
*Each person has an individual experience with New Earth. Success in working the New Earth business is based on your particular efforts. New Earth’s products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.