With today’s food system, supplementing has become an important part of a healthy diet. Millions around the world utilize supplements for everything from joint support to better digestion. In fact, you likely use some form of supplementation in your daily routine already. Have you ever stopped to think about what adding a supplement for your mind could do?
The brain is a miraculous and complex organ and it plays a vital role in day-to-day operations. Put simply, it’s is responsible for sending and receiving information that is vital to the body’s general functions and it’s always working. It’s a network of knowledge and information, it’s a motor for creativity, and it allows you to continue to learn and grow through life. It is one of your most valuable assets. So, how can you nourish and fuel this asset? Mind
Let’s look at the science behind Mind and its benefits for brain reinforcement.
Mind, composed of a single ingredient, organic Wild Microalgae®, is a concentration of nutrients, created by carefully removing the cellular membrane of the algae through our exclusive solvent-free process (mechanical) that produces an abundant source of raw materials to stimulate brain activity and intensify your concentration and mental clarity.
The removal of the cell wall exposes the nucleus of the microalgae, which contains different vitamins and minerals, phycocyanins, chlorophyll, and proteins. These nutrients are broken down during digestion and then available for assimilation. The proteins in the algae are then broken down into amino acids, which are used by the body to form neuropeptides. Neuropeptides allow neurons to communicate with each other.
This near perfect food contains all 20 standard amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, phenylethylamine (PEA), and antioxidant pigments phycocyanin and chlorophyll. In addition, organic Wild Microalgae contains an ideal balance of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, complex sugars, and fiber.
- Amino Acids: Amino acids are the functional blocks of proteins. There are 20 essential amino acids, and AFA contains them all. Each amino acid offers a variety of health benefits, but all together provide fuel and vital energy, build and maintain neuropeptides and help bio-modulate emotions and mood.
- Essential fatty acids: Our microalgae also provides essential fatty acids in a completely natural way. Approximately 45% of the lipids (fats) within the AFA are essential fatty acids. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are both found in organic Wild Microalgae. With our food system and food habits nowadays most people are not consuming the proper amount of these types of fatty acids. Omega-3 is an essential nutrient for the brain and nervous system; studies suggest that Omega-3 benefits mood.
- Phenylethylamine (PEA): Organic Wild Microalgae contains PEA, the feel-good chemical. PEA regulates neurons and transmits signals between neurons and the central nervous system. It is known to optimize mood and concentration and reduce stress.
- Minerals: Organic Wild Microalgae contains 13 remarkable elements and trace elements. These minerals are all used by the human body in minute quantities for various functions.
- Vitamins: Organic Wild Microalgae also contains 13 different vitamins, including vitamin K and several of the B vitamins.
- Antioxidants: Organic Wild Microalgae contains components that have antioxidant activity, such as the pigments mentioned above. In addition, other components in AFA, such as L-cystine, glycine, and L-glutamate are used by the liver to form glutathione, a powerful antioxidant. Superoxide dismutase (SOD, a family of enzymes), is also found in AFA, and contributes to antioxidant activity.
While the brain only accounts for two percent of total body weight, it uses up to 20 percent of the total energy of the body. Fortunately, Mind helps promote brain power by giving you the nutrients you need. The removed cell wall allows greater access to the amino acids that are the most important raw material for the accumulation of neuropeptides.