Are you getting everything you need from your Keto diet, or would supplements help fill the gaps? The short answer, supplements will certainly help fill nutrient gaps that are missing in your Keto diet. What’s more, they can also help make maintaining your Keto diet easier.
The Keto diet is a high fat, moderate protein, and low carb diet. The aim is to drive your body to a ketosis state where fat is used as the primary source of energy. With consistency and time, it is possible to lose a considerable amount of body fat on this diet.
However, at its core, it is a restrictive diet that requires you to cut out several foods including food groups that are traditionally considered healthy. These include fruits, some legumes, and even whole grain carbs.
While supplementation with a well-balanced Keto diet is not mandatory, it is always best to play it safe. Here are a few reasons why you may want to invest in supplements while on your Keto journey.
Most diets that require you to cut out or cut back on major food groups often put you at risk of developing micronutrient deficiency. This is the case with Keto diets especially if you have to cut out sources of minerals and vitamins including fruits and some vegetables.
By supplementing your diet with whole food based supplements, you can continue with your fat-burning regimen without compromising your health or the results.
The Keto Flu
The Keto flu is a term used to describe a group of symptoms that many people on the Keto diet experience especially during their first few days or weeks on the diet. These include nausea, irritability, headaches, and fogginess just to name a few.
Your body needs time to adjust to the low levels of glucose as your metabolism switches to a Keto path. One of the best ways to deal with Keto flu is by using electrolyte supplements to promote brain function and cognition.
The Keto diet cuts out whole grains and fruits which are the biggest sources of fiber in regular diets. This means you need to go above and beyond to support your gut to ensure that it functions normally. Supplements including probiotics, enzymes, and even fiber will go a long way towards promoting digestion and transit of food and waste along your digestive tract.
5 Supplement Types That Fit into the Keto Diet
Now that you know exactly how supplements can enhance your Keto diet, here are 5 of the most important groups of supplements to consider.
- Electrolytes. These are basically active forms of minerals that your body utilizes for almost all functions from immunity and digestion to cognitive functionality and muscle contraction. Some of the most important nutrients to supplement while on a Keto diet are sodium, potassium, and magnesium, all of which can be found in AFA microalgae.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. This may not be an immediate need as the Keto diet is designed to promote increased consumption of healthy fats including fish that is a great source of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. However, if you are not going to be eating a lot of fish on your Keto diet then you need to supplement with Omega 3 fatty acids. Blue green microalgae like AFA offer high amounts of the essential fats and would be the perfect addition to your Keto regimen.
- Enzymes. As we mentioned earlier, your gut will need all the help it can get while you are on a Keto diet. Enzymes promote effective digestion and subsequent absorption of much-needed nutrients.
- Multi-functional Real-Food Supplements. You have to be very intentional when it comes to ensuring that you are getting enough essential vitamins while on a Keto diet. Rather than turning to a synthetic blend of vitamins and minerals opt for food based options that your body can identify and utilize. In this case, AFA Algae supplements are a wonderful option. Organic Wild Microalgae, also known as Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA), is a near-perfect superfood that has been consumed since the 80s. This strain of blue-green algae contains all 20 standard amino acids, making it a complete source of protein. It also contains 13 necessary vitamins, over 60 trace minerals, essential fatty acids, antioxidant pigments phycocyanin and chlorophyll, and the mental energy activator phenylethylamine (PEA).
- Probiotics. These mighty helpers seed the gut with beneficial bacteria that help maintain a healthy gut microbiome. They promote a healthy gut and elimination, support immune function, help manage harmful bacteria and support the gut-brain axis.
Join the New Earth Bandwagon for Keto-Friendly Supplements
There’s no need to go searching and shopping around when you can get everything you need to supplement your Keto diet in one handy package of Essentials. Filled with a combination of AFA Algae that is loaded with essential fatty acids, amino acids, over 60 vitamins, and minerals, and more, probiotics designed to support both the upper and lower GI tract, and enzymes that help assimilate and absorb nutrients, Essentials delivers the nutrition your body and mind deserve.
The best part? You can put it to the test completely risk-free with our empty box guarantee. Simply consume a packet daily for 30 days and notice the difference or ask for your money back. It’s that simple.
At New Earth we are on a mission to positively impact the health of every body and soul we come in contact with. We specialize in producing third-party certified, organic whole food supplements including a variety of probiotics, and digestive support. Our supplements feature a rare, yet highly, nutritious superfood, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA). Also known as organic Wild Microalgae®, AFA is a unique type of blue-green algae that is available in many forms including algae tablets, algae pills, and algae powders all designed to help you on your journey to holistic wellness. The best part? We offer a 90-day money-back risk-free guarantee on all of our products. Visit our website to learn more.