For a very long time, we have grouped ourselves as either morning people or evening people. For those not blessed with the early bird predisposition, waking up in the morning can feel like a real punishment. You feel groggy, moody, and even more tired than you did before you went to bed.
What may come as a surprise to you is that maybe it’s not about you being or not being a morning person. It is most likely about how you choose to start your day including what you choose to break your fast with.
Mornings set the tone for the day and that includes what you choose to eat. If you bog yourself down with overprocessed foods your body and mood will suffer. On the other hand, if you fuel your body with whole food nutrition you will inevitably notice a huge change in your spirits, energy levels, and overall stamina throughout the day.
We get it, mornings are busy and it can feel overwhelming to carve out time to make breakfast. Fear not, morning elixirs can be mixed in a matter of minutes, provide your body with nutrients, and set the tone for the day.
So what exactly is an elixir? And most importantly, how will they make mornings less dreadful for you. Let’s take a closer look.
What Is an Elixir?
The term elixir has many different definitions based on the specific context. In medicine, it is defined as a clear, sweetened, liquid solution used for medical purposes. In folklore, it is a concoction with magical abilities.
When it comes to breaking your fast with an elixir, we can borrow some properties from both definitions. On one hand, they are actually liquid mixtures containing nutrient-rich ingredients for hydration and nourishment. On the other hand, their effects truly are magical in improving mood and energy levels almost as soon as you are done consuming them.
So, what are these magical elixirs made of? Here are a few of the most common morning elixirs.
- Turmeric and cinnamon water. This may seem like an odd combination but they definitely work. You get to enjoy the antioxidant effects of both the turmeric and cinnamon while also getting a head start on your daily hydration needs.
- Apple cider vinegar, honey, and lemon water. In the health, fitness, and wellness community, there are not very many superfoods and ingredients that have received as much praise as apple cider vinegar, honey, and lemon. From helping with weight loss to supporting the immune system, these ingredients definitely have a lot to offer.
- Chia seeds and lemon water. These fiber-rich seeds contain nutrients like protein, calcium, magnesium, and manganese. It is also a great source of essential fatty acids including omega 3. The lemon on the other hand is a great antioxidant and helps flush the system giving you a fresh start to your day.
- Herbal tea and berries. You can never go wrong with a cup of herbal tea in the morning. Its general soothing effects are ideal for helping get rid of sleep-related aches and discomfort. The berries on the other hand add to the flavor and contribute to the antioxidant effects.
The Ultimate Morning Elixir
By far the most promising of morning elixirs for anyone struggling with a slow start is a combination of coconut water and Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA), also known as organic Wild Microalgae®. This hits all the sweet spots in terms of flavor, hydration, and nutrition. Here are some of the benefits you have to look forward to with this elixir.
- Rich in electrolytes. Electrolytes like sodium, potassium, and calcium are crucial to neural function as they generate the impulses that keep the nervous system running smoothly. Coconut water is full of these electrolytes and many others including phosphorus and magnesium.
- Has antioxidant properties. Although the exact mechanism is not understood, there are some substances in coconut water that have been shown to have antioxidant effects.
- Great source of hydration. Technically speaking, coconut water is 94% water. therefore, taking a glass of coconut water in the morning to break your fast would be like taking an actual cup of water but with added benefits of electrolytes and antioxidants.
Organic Wild Microalgae
- Rich nutrient profile. AFA is a type of blue-green microalgae celebrated for its diverse nutrient profile. This near-perfect food contains all 20 standard amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, phenylethylamine (PEA), and antioxidant pigments phycocyanin and chlorophyll. In addition, organic Wild Microalgae contains an ideal balance of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, complex sugars, and fiber.
- Contains PEA for mood balance. In addition to the nutrients, AFA also brings a natural mood stabilizer to the mix for a truly powerful start to the day. This is phenylethylamine or PEA that has been shown to have significant mood-enhancing effects on the brain. No more starting your day irritable and in dread.
Start Your Day Right
We all have to get up in the morning whether we are morning people or not. So, we might as well make the best of our mornings and our day. And, the best way to do so, is to set the tone with great nutrition. And, there’s no doubt that AFA offers just that.
The best part? The raw powder, capsules, and tablets all come with a 90-day risk-free guarantee. So go ahead, put it to the test, and see what it does for your mornings.
At New Earth we are on a mission to positively impact the health of every body and soul we come in contact with. We specialize in producing third-party certified, organic whole food supplements including a variety of probiotics, and digestive support. Our supplements feature a rare, yet highly, nutritious superfood, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA). Also known as organic Wild Microalgae®, AFA is a unique type of blue-green algae that is available in many forms including algae tablets, algae pills, and algae powders all designed to help you on your journey to holistic wellness. The best part? We offer a 90-day money-back risk-free guarantee on all of our products. Visit our website to learn more.