The fall and winter months come with a plethora of things to look forward to. Beautiful landscapes full of colorful leaves, all things peppermint or pumpkin spice, and joy-filled holiday celebrations are just a few things on the list. But these colder months also bring one thing that most of us dread – an abundance of germs.
Since germs are known to thrive in colder weather, there is no doubt that the fall and winter months are the prime time for them to spread. With that in mind, you are probably already looking for immune-boosting supplements to help keep you and your family as healthy as possible over the next few months.
But with so many of these supplements on the market, it can be hard to decide which ones are worth the investment. Not only do you have to be able to decipher the ingredients list, but you also have to know if those ingredients will truly help support your immune system.
Here at New Earth, we believe that finding an immune-boosting supplement shouldn’t be complicated or stressful. That’s why we created Defend. This powerful combination of all-natural ingredients is designed specifically to provide your immune system with the support it needs to keep you healthy year-round.
Don’t believe us? Take a look at the ingredients and decide for yourself.
For centuries, Eastern cultures have harvested and used certain species of mushrooms for their medicinal properties. Today, these same medicinal mushrooms are considered superfoods and are renowned for all the immune-supporting compounds they contain. First and foremost, they contain beta-glucan, which is one of the most beneficial polysaccharides when it comes to immune health, but more on that in a minute.
In addition to beta-glucan, many of these species of medicinal mushrooms have triterpenoid compounds. These compounds have been found to help activate the body’s immune response and are commonly known as immunomodulator compounds. A few of these species of mushrooms also contain plant-based vitamin D, and as you already know, this crucial vitamin is important for maintaining a healthy immune system.
There’s no doubt that medicinal mushrooms are a crucial part of any immune-boosting supplement, which is why the core of Defend contains 6 of the most extensively researched mushrooms for immune support. These mushrooms are:
- Reishi. The number one most extensively researched mushroom, Reishi mushrooms are high in polysaccharides, beta-glucan, and over 130 triterpenoid compounds.
- Cordyceps. These mushrooms are rich in a variety of vital nutrients like proteins, polysaccharides, and antioxidants. Because of this, they have been utilized for their health benefits throughout history.
- Maitake. Best known as a gourmet culinary mushroom, maitake also has an excellent nutritional profile. These delectable mushrooms contain a variety of beneficial phospholipids, fatty acids, polysaccharides, and immune-modulating plant sterols like ergosterol.
- Shiitake. Rich in beta-glucans, polysaccharides, glycoproteins, vitamins, and ergosterol, these mushrooms are known to contain a large number of vital nutrients for your whole body.
- Turkey Tail. Also known as Trametes Versicolor, Turkey Tail mushrooms contain two widely studied compounds known as polysaccharopeptide (PSP) and polysaccharide-K (PSK). As extracts, these compounds have shown clinical promise for a variety of health purposes, including supporting the health of the gut microbiome. Since 70% of the immune system is housed in the gut, these compounds are important parts of immune support.
- Agaricus Blazei. These mushrooms are rapidly becoming one of the most popular mushrooms around the world because they are packed with compounds that have been found to support a variety of body functions, including strengthening the immune system.
As mentioned earlier, beta-glucan is a polysaccharide that is widely renowned for its ability to support the immune system. By definition, beta-glucans are non-starch polysaccharides, which basically means they are a form of sugar that occurs naturally in the cell walls of things like whole-grain cereals, fungi, and bacteria. In simple terms, beta-glucans stimulate the body’s immune response by activating the cells that are tasked with identifying and eliminating harmful intruders that make their way into your body.
Astragalus is another natural ingredient that has been used in Chinese medicine for centuries. Prized for its roots, this herb contains compounds like astragalosides, polysaccharides, flavonoids, and trace minerals like selenium, which all work together to help strengthen and regulate the immune system.
Organic Wild Microalgae®
Of course, no New Earth supplement would be complete without the rare and powerful superfood known as organic Wild Microalgae. This rare form of blue-green algae contains all 20 standard amino acids, 13 vitamins, over 60 trace minerals, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and more. All of these are micronutrients that your body systems, including your immune system, need to function optimally.
Support Your Immune System Naturally with Defend
The colder months are fast approaching, so make sure you are prepared to defend your health with an immune-boosting supplement like Defend. As you now know, this all-natural supplement contains some of the most powerful ingredients that are known to support and strengthen your body’s natural defenses.
And the best part? You can put Defend to the test risk-free with our 90-day money-back guarantee.
At New Earth we are on a mission to positively impact the health of every body and soul we come in contact with. We specialize in producing third-party certified, organic whole food supplements including a variety of probiotics, and digestive support. Our supplements feature a rare, yet highly, nutritious superfood, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA). Also known as organic Wild Microalgae®, AFA is a unique type of blue-green algae that is available in many forms including algae tablets, algae pills, and algae powders all designed to help you on your journey to holistic wellness. The best part? We offer a 90-day money-back risk-free guarantee on all of our products. Visit our website to learn more.