We’ve been told over and over again in many different ways just how important it is to eat a healthy balanced diet. Think back to dinner time negotiations when your parents would allow you to clear your plate after eating three more bites. It wasn’t just any bite. It was three more bites of a vegetable or protein. They knew to pick certain foods when it came to these negotiations.
It is safe to say that they were definitely on to something.
We really are what we eat. The value of good food and its impact on our minds and bodies are areas that have been researched extensively. So, exactly what benefits come with a diet centered around healthy, whole foods? Here are a few of our favorites.
- Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. For the most part, maintaining healthy weight ranges have served as motivation for healthy eating for a very long time. What we decide to consume is what either nourishes or harms our bodies. When we choose whole foods and incorporate a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and grains we are supporting a healthy body and healthy weight.
- Supplies much needed energy. More than anything, our bodies rely on food as a source of energy without which all systems would literally grind to a halt. Here’s the problem, processed unhealthy foods feature simple and over-processed carbs that provide a sudden energy spike followed by the need for an afternoon pick me up.
Healthy foods, on the other hand, are a great source of complex carbohydrates. These take longer to break down providing your body a prolonged, steady supply of the fuel it needs.
- Improves sleep quality. What we eat has a great impact on our sleep-wake cycles. In general, a whole food diet with a good balance of macronutrients helps us achieve normal sleep cycles with high-quality sleep.
- Look as good as you feel. A healthy diet impacts much more than weight. It impacts the health of nails, hair, skin, your digestive system, and more! When you support your body with a balanced whole food diet, you are taking steps towards smooth glowing skin, strong nails, shiny hair and the list goes on. You will not only feel amazing but you will have what we call a healthy outer glow. So eat for the body and beauty you desire.
The benefits of a balanced whole food diet are far-reaching and definitely worth the effort. So, what foods fall into this category? Here are six food groups you surely want to include in your diet.
- Fruits. Fruits pretty much have it all from vitamins and carbohydrates to fiber. They are also rich in micronutrients like vitamins and minerals. They are perfect snacks, side dishes, and even sweetener alternatives.
- Veggies. Vegetables are also quite versatile offering access to the main nutrients from macros like proteins and carbs to micros like vitamins and minerals. They are particularly rich in fiber, especially leafy greens, and are particularly awesome for gut health.
- Protein. Amino acids are the building blocks for the proteins in your body. These include hair, muscles, some skin layers, hormones, enzymes, and many others. Clean, lean proteins (both plant and animal-based) are a great source for these ever-important amino acids.
- Complex Carbs. Carbohydrates are the main source of energy for the body. However, most options available are often overprocessed and have very low nutritional value. So consider going whole. Try brown rice, whole-wheat pasta, millet, whole rolled oats, or sweet potato to name a few.
- Water. Water is of the utmost importance as our bodies require it to function. It not only helps with digestion but it also improves skin health for that much sought after healthy glow.
- Supplements. Food today just isn’t what it used to be. It’s become overprocessed and mass-produced reducing quality and nutrient content. Supplementation is therefore necessary to fill the gaps. And, just like food, quality matters. Choose supplements that feature whole foods and are free of synthetic ingredients.
Better yet, choose one that supports healthy digestion and supplies your body with a variety of vitamins and minerals that help it thrive. We recommend Essentials by New Earth, a combination of beneficial probiotics that seed the gut with healthy bacteria, digestive enzymes that help break down and assimilate food, and organic Wild Microalgae®, a wild superfood that is loaded with amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and more. The best part? It comes with a 90-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
At New Earth we are on a mission to positively impact the health of every body and soul we come in contact with. We specialize in producing third-party certified, organic whole food supplements including a variety of probiotics, and digestive support. Our supplements feature a rare, yet highly, nutritious superfood, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA). Also known as organic Wild Microalgae®, AFA is a unique type of blue-green algae that is available in many forms including algae tablets, algae pills, and algae powders all designed to help you on your journey to holistic wellness. The best part? We offer a 90-day money-back risk-free guarantee on all of our products. Visit our website to learn more.