There are few things on this planet as frustrating as mind fog. It could be writer’s block when you have a big paper due soon, an inexplicably difficult time concentrating on work tasks, or remembering social details. Episodes where it feels like our minds are on strike can be frustrating, inconvenient, and even worrying.
The mind is one of the most mysterious and powerful aspects of human existence. To this day, we are still learning a great deal about it. While it still remains largely enigmatic, it is very clear that it has a huge role in determining the quality of human life. For some perspective, here is a brief list of some of its main functions.
- Generating thoughts
- Analyzing and utilizing memories
- Generating creativity
- Rationalizing situations
- Evaluating the world around us
- Generating desires, purpose, and values
That is a lot for one part of human consciousness to handle which is why it is so important to ensure that the mind and the brain are well taken care of and properly supported.
How? A balanced diet and healthy lifestyle habits including regular exercise and getting enough sleep is an excellent start. However, an extra boost of nutrients specifically for your mind can make a world of difference when it comes to optimizing these crucial functions.
This is where nootropics come in handy. In the sections below, we will take a closer look at exactly what these wonder supplements are, what they have to offer your mind, and where you can get them. Let’s get right to it.
What Are Nootropics?
By definition, nootropics are supplements that are believed to help improve cognitive function. This manifests through improved concentration, memory, thought analysis, and many other mental functions.
While many of their specific modes of action are still theoretical, extensive research has been conducted and the results support their hype as cognitive boosters.
One of the biggest sources of confusion when it comes to understanding nootropics and their function is the difference between these supplements and cognitive stimulants. In a nutshell, both nootropics and cognitive stimulants enhance the mind’s functionality. However, cognitive stimulants take a more active approach directly stimulating neural pathways involved in cognitive function.
While the effects of cognitive stimulants are more dramatic, they also carry with them the risk of numerous side effects. These include excessive stimulation, headaches, and withdrawal crashes.
Nootropics, on the other hand, are fundamentally non-toxic more often than not—the supplements are obtained from all-natural sources. Their effects are more subtle but enough to make the world of a difference in your mind’s functionality. As far as risk and reward go, nootropics are by far a much better option for improved mind power and function than pharmaceutical stimulants.
Choosing the Right Nootropic Supplement
Nootropic supplements come in all shapes, colors, and ingredient combinations. While they may all promise to boost mental function including memory and concentration, not all of them actually deliver. As with every other health supplement on the market, not all are made equal.
Choosing the right nootropic supplement is particularly important for a number of reasons. Let’s take a look at a few.
- Results. First off, by choosing the right nootropic supplement, you will be providing your brain with the very best in terms of support for a strong and optimally functioning mind. With that, quality and efficacy are required in order to deliver the results you are seeking.
- Minimized risk. When choosing the right nootropic supplement, your safety should be the most important consideration. Low-quality nootropics often include chemical components that offer more dramatic brain stimulation. While this may seem beneficial at first, as the stimulation wears off, the side effects kick in. These side effects can include issues like headaches, dizziness, and anxiety to name a few. It is therefore wise to stick with natural, high-quality sources for the sake of your wellbeing.
- Value for your money. It is also important to choose wisely in order to make an investment that is actually worth it. Low-quality nootropics are often not worth it from the possible side effects to low effectiveness.
Best Sources of Nootropics
Nootropics clearly have a lot to offer in terms of mental function. The best part? You can utilize several natural sources that both nourish your mind and produce quality results without annoying side effects. Here are four natural sources that you could very easily incorporate into your diet for a healthier and more powerful mind.
- Fish Oil. Fish oil is very rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which have been shown to play different roles in promoting cognitive function by improving the health of brain cells. And, it’s easy to consume. Simply add fish like salmon, cod, or tuna to your diet or turn to supplements that are rich in a quality source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Green Tea. Green tea contains a specific nootropic compound known as L-theanine. Research has shown that this compound not only improves the cognitive function of the mind but also positively impacts emotional functions including mood.
- Wild Mushrooms. Mushrooms not only support mental function but they also help protect against mild cognitive decline helping with a proactive approach to preserving your mind for years to come.
- Organic Wild Microalgae®. Organic Wild Microalgae, also known as Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA) is a rare type of blue-green microalgae. This microalgae contains an extraordinary nutrient profile. In fact, it’s a near-perfect food filled with all 20 standard amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, phenylethylamine (PEA), and antioxidant pigments phycocyanin and chlorophyll.
Here is the trick, getting all of these nutrients to your mind for the ultimate nootropic.
New Earth (the only company to ever perfect and offer this) has taken this amazing algae and removed the cell wall through an exclusive solvent-free process. This process exposes the heart of the microalgae and all its nutrients making them available to directly nourish and feed the brain.
Mind by New Earth, it’s a product you will not find anywhere else in the world.
Try Mind Risk-Free
Put Mind, the ultimate nootropic to the test risk-free with a 90-day empty bottle guarantee. Simply put, consistently consume the whole bottle and if it doesn’t provide the results you are after send that empty bottle back for a product refund. It’s time to feed your mind.