Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to a healthy human body. In order to maintain all tissues and systems in the body, we must consume a wide variety of foods and supplements that provide the body with necessary nutrients.
Unique among foods and supplements is organic Wild Microalgae® (AFA), as it possesses an impressive nutritional profile. This microalgae is rich in a broad spectrum of phytonutrients, plant-based proteins, vitamins and minerals, essential fatty acids (EFAs), macronutrients, and numerous micronutrients which help sustain growth, energy, and overall health.
It is important to remember that when it comes to AFA, it isn’t necessarily the quantity of individual ingredients that’s important, but rather the unique combination of the wide variety of essential nutrients found in this one source—and every New Earth product contains some amount of AFA!
What are macronutrients? Macronutrients are the types of food required in larger amounts by the body. The three primary macronutrients the human body requires include carbohydrates, fats and cholesterol, and proteins and amino acids.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates include sugars and starches—these are necessary as they provide energy for our cells. The brain is one organ that depends predominantly on carbohydrates. High-quality carbohydrates sourced from whole, healthy foods provides quality nourishment for the brain. Per gram, AFA contains approximately 24-30% carbohydrates.
- Fats and Cholesterol: Fats—the right type of fats—are a requirement! They help the body produce necessary hormones, support cell growth, provide energy, keep the body warm, and protect organs. Fats are also necessary for the body to absorb certain nutrients. Per gram, AFA contains approximately 4-6% total fat.
- Proteins: All cells in the body contain protein—it is a major structural component. In turn, proteins are composed of amino acids. Per gram, AFA contains approximately 50 – 64% protein; 40.2 – 49.1% essential amino acids; and 50.9 to 59.8% non-essential amino acids. AFA’s amino acid profile closely matches the ideal profile recommended by the Food and Nutrition Council.
Cholesterol is found in every cell in the body. The body needs cholesterol to make hormones and other necessary substances that help the body. AFA contains less than 1 mg of cholesterol per gram.
Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) are required for normal growth, maintenance and repair of certain tissues, such as skin, blood vessels, and nerve tissues. Approximately 45% of the lipids in AFA are essential fatty acids. Omega 6 fatty acids and Omega 3 fatty acids occur in an ideal balance—there is more Omega 3 than Omega 6.
What are micronutrients? Micronutrients are crucial nutrients that are required throughout life, in small quantities—sometimes in minuscule quantities. Micronutrients include vitamins, minerals, and trace minerals. Failing to obtain even small quantities of micronutrients can adversely impact health. There are close to 30 vitamins and minerals that the body cannot manufacture—these are called “essential micronutrients.” Essential micronutrients must be obtained from outside sources, food and/or supplements.
- Vitamins: There are two forms of vitamins: water soluble and fat soluble. Vitamins such as A, E, D, and K are fat soluble. AFA contains A (in the form of beta carotene), E, and K. Vitamins such as the B-complex vitamins and vitamin C (ascorbic acid) are water-soluble vitamins—AFA also contains these vitamins.
- Minerals: “Minerals” is a category composed of microminerals and trace minerals. The human body needs larger amounts of microminerals; and lesser amounts of trace minerals. Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium are examples of microminerals. Copper, iron, iodine, and zinc are examples of trace minerals. AFA also contains all of these minerals plus a few more.
Likely, there are very few people who consume the perfect diet—that would be a diet replete with vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, and quality protein. Even if one were to consume all of these things, many variables could affect the quality of the food, and one might not obtain all the nutrients necessary. A quality supplement such as organic Wild Microalgae– with its wide variety of macronutrients and micronutrients, vitamins, minerals, and trace minerals—is needed to fill in the nutritional gaps and help the body maintain optimal levels of these nutrients.