Did you know? Your gut plays a huge roll in how your whole body works. Everything from emotions to your immune system can be traced back to your gut. Recent advances in research have shown the importance of a healthy gut and how it plays a role in the communication between the nervous system as well as linking emotional and cognitive centers.
Getting your gut in check is easier than you think. By making some of these small changes to your daily routine you can achieve optimal gut health and have your body running like a well-oiled machine. Remember, while these changes are small they add up over time and it takes just that, time.
- High-fiber foods: Whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables all contain prebiotic fibers that are good for your gut bacteria.
- Omega-3 Fats: These fats are found in oily fish and in high quantities in the human brain. Omega-3 has been found to increase good bacteria in the gut. You can take Omega-3 as a stand-alone supplement or you can find it in our organic Wild MicroalgaeⓇ.
- Probiotics: Taking probiotics daily helps to add to the good bacteria in our gut which in turn gets your gut running at optimal performance. At New Earth, we know and understand this very well, which is why we offer a variety of probiotic options to choose from to help you add to that good bacteria; Acidophilus, Bifidus, and Spectrabiotic.
- Polyphenol- rich foods: Plant chemicals found in cocoa, green tea, olive oil, and coffee help to increase healthy gut bacteria.
- Tryptophan-rich foods: Tryptophan is an amino acid that is converted to serotonin. Foods that contain tryptophan are turkey, eggs, cheese, and our organic Wild MicroalgaeⓇ.
- Digestive enzymes: Our bodies can have a hard time digesting processed foods or heavy meals. Taking digestive enzymes helps the body to move that food along. You can find a few different options of enzymes right here at New Earth!
When it comes down to it, a big part of achieving optimal gut health is maintaining and nourishing your good bacteria. If these habits are new to you it may seem a little overwhelming at first. Fear not, we have a simple way to incorporate prebiotics, probiotics, enzymes, tryptophan, and Omega-3 in one step with Essentials, a convenient packet of the nutrients your gut and body as a whole crave day in and day out.
Here’s to YOUR good gut health!