“Your skin looks amazing, you are basically glowing. What do you do?” It’s a compliment we’d all like to receive and strive to achieve. There’s no doubt that physical appearance helps drive our behaviors, especially when it comes to our most visible outer layer, the skin.
It’s no wonder that store shelves are lined with creams, serums, and face masks claiming to be the next best thing that will have you looking 10 years younger in minutes. We are all chasing that healthy outer glow. But, are quick fix serums really the way to go?
Not really. The skincare industry is filled with tricks… with one of the most common being inflammation. As you rub that cream or serum on your skin the ingredients cause an inflammatory reaction in your skin causing your skin to puff up. And, of course, if your skin is inflamed your fine lines and wrinkles will disappear. (Companies use the term “fuller” or “plumper” rather than “inflammed” to give the results a more positive connotation.)
Is that what we want for our skin? Will ingredients like that nourish the skin, promote healthy glowing skin, and keep it looking young long term? No, probably not. So, that begs the question, how do we achieve a lovely outer-glow that will leave us confident and showing off our skin all summer long?
When it comes to achieving glowing skin at any age it comes down to daily habits and high-quality products. We need food, habits, and products that are filled with skin-loving ingredients loaded with real antioxidants and properties that are going to nourish, cleanse, rejuvenate, balance, soothe, and feed our skin.
So, how does one achieve this magical glow? Here are six daily habits that will have you feeling beautiful and confident in your glowing skin this summer.
- Protect your skin. Natural or organic sunscreen is non-negotiable. Protect your fabulous skin with SPF 30 or higher and be sure to reapply after swimming.
- Exfoliate regularly. A day in the sun can leave your skin dry. Before you hop in the shower make it a habit to dry brush and sluff off the dead skin. It only takes a minute or two and will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Drink up. Summer fun has a way of dehydrating you, which affects the skin. Be sure to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Make it a goal to consume at least half your body weight in ounces each day.
- Eat to glow. Care for your skin from the inside out. Ditch the fake foods (chips, candy, ice cream…) and focus on consuming a diet rich in whole foods, foods that haven’t been processed or have been minimally processed (legumes, nuts, seeds, fruits, veggies, meat and so on…).
- Support your gut. That’s right, your skin and gut are connected and what’s happening with your digestive system has an impact on your skin.
- Feed your skin with optimum nutrition. When you think about supplements, you probably imagine a capsule or powder. However, topical supplements do exist and they can be highly effective when it comes to caring for your skin.
Interested in putting one to the test? Check out Nutrabeautiful by New Earth. Nutrabeautiful is filled with antioxidants and vitamins, is super lightweight, fast-absorbing, and hydrating. It comes with amazing benefits like promoting soft and supple skin and minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Unlike many other topicals, like lotions, creams, and serums, it’s a true supplement for your skin composed of highly nutritious ingredients including soothing aloe vera, moisturizing coconut oil, protecting jojoba oil, restoring rose, cleansing witch hazel, nourishing organic Wild Microalgae®, balancing rosemary, and rejuvenating neem.
Summer is here and in full swing. With shorts and crop tops in style, you are sure to show some skin. Put these daily habits to practice and show off your healthy outer glow with confidence. Try Nurabeautiful risk-free with our 90-day money-back guarantee.
At New Earth we are on a mission to positively impact the health of every body and soul we come in contact with. We specialize in producing third-party certified, organic whole food supplements including a variety of probiotics, and digestive support. Our supplements feature a rare, yet highly, nutritious superfood, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA). Also known as organic Wild Microalgae®, AFA is a unique type of blue-green algae that is available in many forms including algae tablets, algae pills, and algae powders all designed to help you on your journey to holistic wellness. The best part, we offer a 90-day money-back risk-free guarantee on all of our products. Visit our website to learn more.