The holiday season is in full effect which means that decorating, holiday parties, football, and Thanksgiving dinner all await. But that’s not the only season that’s in full swing, the cold and flu are spreading about, as they usually do this time of year. No one ever wants to be sick, especially this time of year, but when the immune system doesn’t have the strength it needs to fight, we can end up feeling a bit under the weather.
For this reason, and more, we formulated Defend.
Defend delivers intelligent nutrition specifically designed for your immune system. Composed of medicinal mushrooms and a vast array of micronutrients, defend is specifically designed to strengthen your immune system.
Let’s have a look at exactly how it works…
It starts with medicinal mushrooms. Medicinal mushrooms have been utilized for centuries to enhance and support the immune system.* You will find a blend of six of the most extensively researched and revered mushrooms in Defend including reishi, cordyceps, maitake, shiitake, turkey tail, and Agaricus blazei. This medicinal combination is paired with powerful botanicals to modulate and enhance your immune system.
- Reishi: High in polysaccharides, beta-glucan, and more than 130 triterpenoid compounds, Reishi is the most extensively researched mushroom on the market.
- Cordyceps: Rich in proteins, plant sterols, polysaccharides, antioxidants, and nucleoside derivatives as its critical components, cordyceps have been utilized in extracts and formulas for health benefits throughout history.
- Maitake: Long valued as a gourmet culinary mushroom, maitake also has excellent nutritional value, containing a variety of beneficial phospholipids, unsaturated fatty acids, polysaccharides, antioxidants, beta-glucans, and plant sterols, such as the potent ergosterol.
- Shiitake: Rich in beta-glucans, polysaccharides, glycoproteins, B vitamins, and ergosterol (the biological precursor to vitamin D2), shiitake mushrooms also contain the polysaccharide lentinan, which has been the subject of intensive study in Japan and elsewhere since the 1960s.
- Turkey Tail: Contains two widely studied compounds known as PSK and PSP, which have shown clinical promise as extracts in a variety of research studies.
- Agaricus Blazei: Rapidly becoming one of the worldwide market’s most popular mushrooms, Agaricus blazei is also the subject of intense interest among scientists for its purported beneficial antioxidant properties.
But that’s just the beginning. When you dive a little deeper you will find something called Beta Glucan. The Beta Glucan found in Defend is the only ingredient supported by over a dozen published, peer-reviewed clinical studies. This research validates this beta glucan’s unique ability to help strengthen general immune health across all ages.**
So we know the ingredient lineup is on point but, there’s one small key to ensuring these ingredients are effective. Micronutrients.
Micronutrients are crucial nutrients that are required throughout life, in small quantities—sometimes even minuscule quantities. You may know micronutrients by other names such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and immune-supporting substances called phytochemicals (complex compounds found in plants). These substances play many vital roles in our lives including supporting our metabolism and fighting off free radicals in the body.
In fact, even though the requirement is small, micronutrients are vital to maintaining good health and protecting your body from potential ailments. And, often deficiencies in these vital nutrients can more often than not result in illness. With that, your body is constantly making use of these essential micronutrients making it crucial to keep up your supply.
Defend was formulated to support your immune system with a combination of superfoods including medicinal mushrooms, organic Wild Microalgae®, and other botanicals, all filled with these invaluable micronutrients.
The bottom line? Three capsules of Defend a day will ensure a stronger immune system*.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**Miami Research Associates USC School of Pharmacy Feldman S, Schwartz HI, Kalman DS, Mayers A, Kohrman HM, Clemens R, Krieger DR. (2009)